Whether India has lost control over employment growth?

If you want job, fight for it. Don’t blame the country, Solution is within you. — Nijanthan Rajachandran.

Introduction

Root cause:

India is the second-largest populated country in the world. India has many youths in its pocket. After the bachelor’s degree, many young Indians start to search for jobs. They apply for job interviews in many companies. The company will interview more than 1000 people for a single vacancy. I can tell you a good example. In a 2020 UPSC exam, more than 30 lakhs young Indians applied, 15 lakhs people appeared for merely 1000 vacancies. Like a sheep, all youths are falling within this trap. But this is no major cause of unemployment in India.

Low or no educational levels and vocational skills of the working population:

Despite education being offered as a fundamental right in India, more than 40% of children drop out of elementary school. Mostly female illiteracy is higher than males. In the remaining 60%, most of the population doesn’t know another language other than the mother tongue.Without literacy and communication skills, how the employment rate in India will increase.

Informal sector growth:

After graduation, Many youths have a desperate need for jobs. Due to high competency in the formal sector jobs, people are forced to get jobs in the informal sector. It is not caught in any employment data. They get jobs quickly with the smallest pay. There is a massive extension in the informal sector, but people don’t get proper jobs forever from this sector.

Lack of skills due to poor education:

Most of the educational institutes in India were not giving proper training to the students. This type of education in India was introduced by the British empire for their use before independence. Till now, the syllabus of the subject only changed, not the type of education. Nowadays, Institutes provide theoretical knowledge rather than practical training.

Also, Student’ attraction towards social media is highly disturbing education. Therefore, most young Indian’s lack the skills to get jobs. Further, they are not ready to work hard to get a job.

From this data, we can conclude that the above points are true.

Low investments in the manufacturing sector:

India is the largest service-based country in the world. If there is more manufacturing company in India, It will boost up the employment rate. It’s not happened. Unlike other countries, India developed its Service sector without developing its manufacturing sector. That’s why several people make low investments in manufacturing. Hence it restricts the employment rate of India.

The low productivity in agriculture:

There are four reasons for the low productivity in agriculture.

  1. Investment in farmland and field equipment is quite low.
  2. Monsoon failure.
  3. Lack of workers.
  4. Profit from agriculture is minimum.

They didn’t have a fixed price for agricultural products. Due to low profit, Most of the farmers are not using modern equipment in agriculture.

Solutions:

  1. Good training institutes will increase the employment rate.
  2. Self-interest in skill development.
  3. Students should avoid mobiles while studying. Mobile phone affects the thinking capability and IQ of a person.
  4. Bring investment scope in agri sector.
  5. Fundraising communities for a startup.
  6. Attract the MNC to our country.
  7. Visibility in government funds.
  8. Need to develop rural areas.

Government Scheme:

Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA):

  • It is an employment scheme that was launched in 2005 to provide social security by guaranteeing a minimum of 100 days paid work per year to all the families whose adult members opt for unskilled labour-intensive work.
  • This act provides Right to Work to people.

Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), launched in 2015 has an objective of enabling a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.

Start Up India Scheme, launched in 2016 aims at developing an ecosystem that promotes and nurtures entrepreneurship across the country. And also, aims to facilitate bank loans between Rs 10 lakh and Rs. 1 crore to at least one SC or ST borrower and at least one women borrower per bank branch for setting up a greenfield enterprise